Algarve Wednesday Walkers 2006-7

A new Blog for a new walking season. This Blog provides a resumé of the activities of those resourceful, daring and eco-friendly athletes who venture into the wilds of the Algarve, without maps, compasses, rulers nor protractors, and with just walking sticks and a motley selection of dogs for company - known as The Algarve Wednesday Walkers

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lagos, Algarve, Portugal

Saturday, November 25, 2006

ww 22.11.2006; Thyl's season debut


Ian S. had tipped Thyl off that the way to get into the Blog was to remove your trousers! (Blog text continues below)


The straggling walkers were regrouping around a large slug when Thyl suddenly rematerialised. A surreal, Samuel Beckett-like conversation then ensued.
Thyl “I came back only because I was worried”
Leader “Worried? About what?”
T “Worried that you were worried”
L “What, me worried?”
T “Yes, I don’t want you to worry.”
L “I’m not worried.”
T “Good, that’s exactly why I came back. You weren’t to be worried.”
L “I wasn’t worried.”
T “Precisely. I was right then to come back”
.
Thyl’s benediction nevertheless had its effect; suddenly the clouds lifted, the wind dropped, the sun shone palely through, and all was indeed downhill from there on in, until the Café Descansa Pernas (much needed by some) was regained at 1600 precisely.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home